Monday, October 6, 2008

FASHION THEME

Normally when I see a photo like this one, I'd say it's "Double Double Trouble!" But I'll be nice, since they DID host the meeting! LOL

Our Phebe Fellowship for August was hosted by these lovely ladies. Darlene (deacon's wife), Jane, Amy & Gayla (Gayla is Mom to Jane & Amy).
The fellowship meeting was a fashion theme, and they did a great job hosting the meeting, and making it fun! THANK YOU ladies!

They served us a delicious dinner of homemade sloppy joes, chips, fresh veggies and cookies.

They decorated the tables with these cute purses, filled with colorful tissue paper and flowers.



We start them young! It's never too early for a girl to start attending the ladies fellowship meetings!


Just hanging around, fellowshipping, waiting for the fashion show to begin.


This was such a cute idea and the ladies had so much fun with it.
It was "Things that a woman might wear."


1. The "Tea Length" skirt (she has tea bags fastened to the hem of her skirt)

2. The "seersucker" dress (she has dumdum suckers fastened to her dress)


3. "Bell bottoms" (bells fastened to the back of her skirt)


4. The "Printed" dress! LOL

5. "Bloomers" (she has silk flower petals fastened to her culottes) A lot of ladies called these "petal pushers" too. But the correct term was bloomers.


6. The "Tee" shirt (golf tees fastened to her shirt)

7. The Head"band" This one was too easy but most everybody missed it! Her headband actually has musical instruments fastened to it! LOL


8. "100% Cotton" dress (cotton balls fastened to her dress) I had to giggle when Molly came out sporting this dress. She was smiling all secretively and before some of the ladies even started to write, she was whispering the answer to them! LOL

9. "Pony tail" - I could NOT guess this one!

10. "Boxer" shorts. I don't know about you ladies, but last time I heard, boxer shorts were worn by men! I think they were trying to pull a fast one on us! Figures, it's Darlene in them too!

She rounded out the evening by bringing a great devotional called "What's in your purse?" It was centered around the verse:
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me:and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
Galatians 2:20


We ended the evening with a surprise food shower for one of our home missionary families. The Levine family are members of our church and are on deputation to go to the country of Tibet. (Sheryl is in the middle there with 2 of her college buddies, girls from our church Amy Kline on the left and Hannah, my daughter on the right) We had a great response to the food shower and they were blessed and refreshed by it.

No comments: